KEY POINTS FROM THE BRIEF
Key points to consider:
- your idea would be pitched to a digital channel, NOT a terrestrial or free-to-air channel
- they've asked members of the public to pitch, perhaps further connoting low budget...
- it must have a USP
- you'll quickly see there are MANY competing game shows
- what will make YOURS stand out?
- look at how shows like Family Fortunes tried to appeal to a family audience
- think carefully about Key Concepts Representation/Media Language: the presenter/s, set, contestants, task or competition - and difficulty level of any questions or challenges (can younger viewers engage, or (U+G theory!) identify?)
- the programme title itself is very important - and, just like a magazine masthead, you need to plan the look of this: you could search for a specific font and mock this up, just be prepared to denote the font (serif, bubble, case, colour etc)
- be prepared to storyboard your title sequence
- research what shows currently hold these slots
- a good sign of success is it coming back for more than one year or season!!!
- this could also be about monetising: SMS/premium rate phone voting or competition entry, but also (freemium?) apps, board games, DVD games etc
- be prepared to draw a website, app or social media home page (or more)
- research existing examples